Volunteers & Interns Needed
The Domestic Violence Center needs your help and expertise. We need volunteers to help us with everything from clerical work, child care, events, to specialized therapy work.
If you have the time, the Domestic Violence Center would love to talk to you!
- Helping plan and facilitate special events
- Assisting with recruiting and training volunteers
- Providing assistance with data input for mailing lists
- Assisting with phones, filing, thank you letters, and other mailings
- Responding to phone inquiries, assessing needs, and connecting clients to resources
- Create excel spreadsheets and graphs for financial and statistical data
- Helping with marketing and public relations
- Assisting with creating and designing forms, fliers, and letters
- Create monthly newsletter
- Website content updates
- Helping with research and writing of grants for programs at the agency
- Food drive
- Procuring gift cards for gas, grocery stores, Target & Walmart
- Assisting on crisis hotline (Spanish speaking volunteers needed)
- Working in domestic violence restraining order clinic
- Accompanying women to court, when necessary
- Working with children , including day care, games, reading, art work
- Become a group facilitator or inspirational speakers
- Transportation to and from the center
General Office Assistance
Communication and marketing
Funding Resource Development
Volunteers who would like to work directly with clients and/or their children, must participate in a 40- hour Domestic Violence Advocate Training Program offered three times per year at the center, or at other locations in the area. Here is what participant’s in DVC’s program are saying:
“Informative training which covers important and relevant areas of DV.”
“What I enjoyed most was gaining an understanding of the legal and ethical aspects as well as the individual stories that were shared.”
“I enjoyed being able to discuss my concerns openly.”
“I enjoyed the wonderful and positive energy that both Linda and Melissa gave.”
Participants who earned the 40-hour Domestic Violence Advocate Program Certificate and instructors.
For a schedule of upcoming training classes click HERE.